Located on the Cavite National High School grounds, the Montano Hall and Stadium was one of the most sought-after sports venues in Cavite City. But now, it is forsaken; taken for granted due to budget constraints.
Treading round the oval was a rather gruff experience. What was once an agreeable track for athletes is now a shelter for wildlife.
During weekends, kids used to fly kites in the clear field. Even from kilometers away, people knew that kites buzzing up the blue sky were rooting from Montano.
It has almost been seven years since Southern Tagalog Regional Athletic Association (STRAA) organized a meet here.
In the grandstand, we were required to watch and support our classmates participating in different sports competitions. We squeezed ourselves in only to get seats at the front portion where teachers clearly saw that we were just goofing around. Everybody wanted the privacy of the outermost seats entailed.
Rooms underneath the grandstand were already inhabited by ghosts.
There were sweet canopies of trash.
Lastly, my all-time favorite – the graffiti on the walls; the love struck moments of high school life forever inked on temporary surfaces.
Mahal na mahal kita kahit mahal mo’y iba pero sana maturuan mo naman ang puso mo na mahalin ako. (I really, really love you even if you love someone else but I hope you will be able to teach your heart to love me.)
I love you more than you’ll never now.
| Mary Hope Reyes,
Kung hindi magiging tayo papatayin kita. (If we will never be together, I will kill you.)
| Cyrly #08
| First Time
I Alway Love You
| Kua Jhon
Sana malaman mo na ikaw lang ang tunay kong mahal at pinapangarap na maging asawa! (I hope for you to know that you are the only one I truly love and dreaming of to be a partner in life!)
Model: Canon EOS 350D Digital
Lens: Canon EF Lens 50mm f1.8 II
From the original camera files, I edited the photographs using Adobe Photoshop CS2 in these following steps:
- Background Layer converted to Layer 0
- Straighten using photographic horizontal / vertical references (this is optional)
- Canvas Resize to 460 x 306
- Image Resize (equivalent to image cropping)
- Crop – Cropped Area: Delete
- Auto Contrast
- Shadow / Highlight (default settings)
- Fade 50%
- Unsharp Mask (default settings)
- Fade 50%
- Neat Image – Preset: Remove Only Half of Noise
- Auto Contrast
- Save As JPEG – Quality: 12, Format Options: Baseline ("Standard")
After these, I edited the JPEGs using Adobe Lightroom Public Beta 3 in these following steps:
- Develop Module – Linear Contrast Preset
- Develop Module – Lens Vignetting – Amount: -75, Midpoint: 25
- Export – File Format: JPEG, Quality: 100, Resolution: 72